It's that time again - the voting is now open for the 2017 Parliamentary Jazz Awards. This year, they are supported by Pizza Express Live in conjunction with Peroni.
The winners will be announced at the awards bash in Pizza Express Live in Holborn, London on 10th October. The deadline for nominations is 16th August 2017.
The voting for these awards is open - each award has an open text box for you to submit your nomination. In case you're wondering about who is eligible for your vote, worry not -
Voting Criteria for each category
- Jazz Album of the Year (released in 2016 by a UK band or musicians)
- Jazz Vocalist of the Year (UK-based vocalist who impressed in 2016)
- Jazz Instrumentalist of the Year (UK-based musician who impressed in 2016)
- Jazz Ensemble of the Year (UK-based group who impressed in 2016)
- Jazz Venue of the Year (including jazz clubs, venues, festivals and promoters)
- Jazz Media Award (including broadcasters, journalists, magazines, blogs, listings and books)
- Jazz Education Award (to an educator or project for raising the standard of jazz education in the UK)
- Jazz Newcomer of the Year (UK-based artist, musician or group with a debut album released in 2016)
- Services to Jazz Award (to a living person for their outstanding contribution to jazz in the UK).
So...Get voting! https://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/parliamentary-jazz-awards-2017
Post a Comment